Monday, June 08, 2009

Hamida's House
June 8, 2009

I have sad tidings today. My boua's village house was completely destroyed by hurricane Alia. Her parents, two brothers, and two young sons are now all living together in a tiny one room jute hut. Hamida's possessions are bundled together outside under a makeshift shelter. With the monsoon season upon us, the living conditions are quite desperate.

Hamida has tried to go to a bank to get a loan, but they would require her to repay the loan in 6 months, something which she just can not afford to do. I am trying to help her out as best I can, but because all of my money is tied up in my company right now, I am unfortunately not able to offer as much assistance as I would like. Consequently, I am asking my friends and family to contribute anything they can. I am trying to help her raise $1,500 to rebuild her home. If you can find it in your heart to donate something (even $25 helps), please click the "donate" button below. The money will go to my personal account, then I will withdraw the money in taka and give it to Hamida to rebuild her home.


Here are some photos of her home:

Hamida and Her Brother
A photo of Hamida and her brother with what remains of her house in the background.


Hamida's Possessions
All of her things are tied together outside, exposed to the monsoon rains.


Hamida's Old House
What remains of their old house.


One Room House
This is the small jute house where Hamida's parents, her two brothers, and her two young sons currently live.


Hamida thanks you for your support!!

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:16:00 PM, Blogger PhilipnagarOnline said...

I wanna follow your blog but how?

 
At Saturday, March 06, 2010 10:52:00 AM, Blogger Kristin Boekhoff said...

Thank you for all of your support! We were able to help Hamida raise $525 to help her rebuild her home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home