Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Architect's Approval
March 31, 2008

Marina (my architect) went to the project site on the 29th to check it out and to make sure that the land is feasible for what we want to do. She liked the land and thought the drive out there was beautiful. She took some more photos for me; I uploaded a few of them below.

She discovered a couple of things which I wasn't able to see on my very abbreviated visit to the site. First, there is a deep tube well on the property already! This is fantastic because it will save us time and money trying to dig one for ourselves. Second, at the very end (on the opposite side of the property to the bridge) there is a house. The house will be sold with the property, but this is good news for us, because it means that we will already have a site office and barracks for the workers from Dinajpur ready for us which will save us a couple of weeks of construction. Third, there is a mango orchard on my site! I went by so fast I didn't notice this before. There are also several mahogany trees.

On the downside, she told me we will need to shore up the river bank (we would actually need to do this anywhere, I just didn't figure it into my initial costs) to prevent erosion.

Marina also assured me that the water lilies could be easily removed from the river.

Right now we are all waiting to find out the results of the title search. I am keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no issues and that we will be able to close on the land in the next couple of months...

Riverbank
View of my property from the other side of the river.


Water Lilies
The river is pretty large, but because it is in the dry season there is not much water flow, and the plants have completely taken over.


Road
This is the small dirt road (driveway) that goes up behind my property. You can see the rice field on the other side. The paved road goes alongside the property from the bridge across the river.


Mango Orchard
My future mango orchard!


Mahogany Trees
This area has a lot of mahogany and teak trees. I was delighted to discover that there were some on my property.


1 Comments:

At Saturday, July 04, 2009 12:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful project. Wish you guys all the best.

Sayed Huq, St. Paul, MN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home