Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Village Feud
May 21, 2008

The title search is progressing, albeit at a Bangladeshi pace... There were a couple of delays last week because the surveyor got heat stroke and Koli, my agent, got into a motorcycle accident. (Thankfully everyone is OK.) This week Koli tells me that the villagers are in a land feud. The feud is not over my land (thank goodness!) but is over another property in the village. Koli and the surveyor are staying away from the site for a few days, however, because they don't want to become involved in the conflict.

I am really grateful that Koli is so competent. He has already met with the District Commissioner and the Upazila Chairman and has asked them to step in and help resolve the dispute (so that we can continue with our acquisition). Local politics are extremely important here and Koli has done a good job of connecting with the right people.

I am hoping that the survey will be done in a few days. I will keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home