Monday, June 02, 2008

100 Chickens and a Bicycle
June 2, 2008

I thought I had never seen anything crazier than 100 live ducks tied to the back of a motorcycle in Cambodia - that is until I saw 100 live chickens tied to a bicycle in Bangladesh!

I was in Dhanmondi on my motorcycle when I saw this guy on the road. I didn't have my camera with me, but my fancy new phone can take low resolution pictures, so I immediately pulled over and dug it out of my bag. I chased the chicken man down the road until I caught up with him at a local Chinese restaurant. (At least I now know the chicken is really fresh there!)

Me Chasing the Chicken Man
I temporarily lost him while I pulled out my phone, but fortunately he did not turn off the main road.


At the Restaurant
I chased him to Xindian, a local Chinese restaurant on Road 16/A in Dhanmondi. The men at the restaurant all came outside to watch the crazy foreigner take pictures of their chicken guy. The chickens are still alive, but have apparently succumbed to their fate, as they were hanging their calmly...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home