Monday, March 12, 2007

Hamida Discovers Air Conditioning
March 11, 2007

Today as Hamida was cleaning my office (where I was working at the time) she got a funny expression on her face and then asked me where the cold air was coming from. I laughed and pointed to the air conditioner. She looked at me in amazement and said, "Really? It is very cold!" It was amusing to me that she didn't know what an air conditioner is! Several of the stores here have them, but I guess that those are not the stores she can afford to shop in...

And now for some good news for those of you who have been hankering for some more photos. My friend Abeer was kind enough to take some pictures of my apartment when she was over the other day, so, with her permission, I am putting them into this blog for your viewing pleasure...

my very blue bedroom
(note the "American style" mosquito net!)


my banana milkshake yellow living/ dining room
(I designed the table and chairs myself!)



and the moment you all have been waiting for...
my very pink drawing room!
(this is actually only the back half of the room, however, so you can only get a glimpse of the pepto-bismol paint just above the window...


I ordered some coffee tables and small TV stand/ cupboard, but they are still being made, so I will post another picture once the room is more finished...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home