Tuesday, March 13, 2007

When the Electricity Goes Out, I Go Swimming
March 13, 2007

So I have decided that whenever the electricity goes out, I will either swim or meditate. Since the electricity is going out much more frequently now that the weather is getting hot, I should be in fabulous physical and mental shape very soon!

Today, I decided to swim and meditate at the same time! I went to the American Club for a very refreshing dip in their lovely pool. After I was done with my water exercises, I put a flotation tube (the kind that kids use) under my neck and another one under my lower back and just laid backwards on the water with my eyes closed. It was a very surreal experience! I felt like I was completely weightless, and since I was the only person in the pool, it was totally silent. If it weren't for the sun, I could easily have become completely disoriented. I do highly recommend water meditation though! Very calming!

Unfortunately, despite my 50 SPF sunblock, just a half hour in the pool has caused my freckles to come out in full force!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home