Monday, October 27, 2008

Entering Montenegro
September 19, 2008

It was a quick drive from Dubrovnik down to Montenegro. As I turned the corner past the border crossing, the view of the Bay of Kotor opened up before me. I stopped in Herceg Novi for a couple of hours before proceeding on to Kotor town. Like Croatia, Montenegro has many charming old stone towns running along the coast. The mountains in Montenegro seem larger, however and are closer to the water, providing some spectacular backdrops.

After enjoying the view of the water from the ramparts in Herceg Novi I continued on along the coast to Kotor, the main coastal town in Montenegro. After checking in to an apartmani I walked to Old Town. The old city is built at the foot of a large mountain. The castle is perched on a cliff above and looks over the town.

I noticed a T-Mobile store in the town square, so I went in to pick up a new SIM card for my phone. It has been so nice to be able to easily switch my phone from one service provider to another as I travel. Five dollars and five minutes later I had a new Montenegro number!

I will spend a couple of days here in Kotor and then will take a tour of the mountainous region...

Herceg Novi
This is the first town in Montenegro that I stopped in.


Bay of Kotor
After stopping in Herceg Novi, I drove along the coast of the Bay of Kotor.


Kotor
I stayed a few nights in an apartmani in Kotor and went exploring in the old town during the day.


For more photos you can see my Montenegro Flickr Page: Montenegro Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home